Workers get injured on the job, and we have the experience to help those involved in workplace accidents. You could qualify if:
• You don’t have to be at your job site for your injury to qualify.
• Getting sick from chemical exposure qualifies as an injury.
• You have the right to choose your own doctor
This is a short list of compensable worker injuries:
• Back and neck injuries
• Spinal cord injuries
• Brain and open head injuries
• Electrical Injuries or burns
• Repetitive stress injuries
• Loss of vision or hearing
• Chemical poisoning
Lake Charles Workers’ Compensation Attorneys
Louisiana workers’ compensation law pays disability benefits for both temporary and permanent injuries. In most cases, benefits equal two-thirds of the employee’s average weekly wages. In permanent, total disability, benefits may be paid for life.
The law is supposed to protect workers, but it often wrongly denies benefits. Oftentimes, workers need an experienced workers’ comp attorney like Richard Law Firm to stand by them and insist that proper compensation is made.
Also Defending the Rights of Health Care Providers to Get Paid
At Richard Law Firm, workers’ compensation cases can have two dimensions:
• The employee who is injured on the job and is entitled to worker’s compensation
• The medical provider or health care worker who treats that worker, but is unable to get proper reimbursement for care
Standing up for underpaid medical providers has become an important practice area for us. If your practice, your hospital or clinic is having difficulty obtaining reimbursement for workers’ comp cases, contact us.